- Utility Service Territory: NSTAR (Eversource SEMA)
- Project Size: 500 kW AC, 650 kW DC
- Annual Estimated Production: 854 megawatt-hours
- Annual CO2 Reduction: 665 tons
- Cars off the road per year: 130
- Trees Planted equivalence each year: 1,000
- Homes powered: 120
- Community Solar subscribers 34
- Total expected yearly savings: $13,798
- Green Initiative Donation: $2,500
- Number of Solar Panels: 2,200
- Number of Inverters: 1 unit
- Total Acreage: 6
More about the project:
The 650kW solar power plant located in Acushnet, MA was acquired at the end of 2018 to be part of the Halo Community Solar portfolio. The installation, Rockett Solar LLC, was built in 2017 and has been producing clean electricity ever since. It provides clean electricity and savings to up to 120 local homes and businesses through community solar.
Annual CO2 reduction: Carbon emissions avoided compared to US. national annual average CO2 output, considering 0 emissions for PV
Cars off the road per year: The amount of carbon emissions avoided for this project is equivalent to the amount emitted by this number of cars driven in one year.
Trees planted equivalent per year: The amount of carbon emissions avoided for this project is equivalent to the amount absorbed by this number of trees in one year
More on Green Initiative
As part of our Green Initiative, this project, pooled with another Acushnet solar project, provided a $11,500 donation to the Buzzards Bay Coalition, a conservation nonprofit active in South East Massachusetts. The fund benefited the Acushnet Sawmill, a natural reserve and park used for recreation and environmental education.
Let’s discuss solar!
Fill out our contact form