- Utility Service Territory: Eversource East
- Project Size: 500 kW AC, 714 kW DC
- Annual Estimated Production: 830 megawatt-hours
- Annual CO2 Reduction: 650 tons
- Cars off the road per year: 130
- Trees Planted equivalence each year: 975
- Homes powered: 119
- Community Solar subscribers: 36
- Total expected yearly savings: $10,000
- Green Initiative Donation: $1,700
- Number of Solar Panels: 2,321
- Number of Inverters: 1 unit
- Total Acreage: 6
Annual CO2 reduction: Carbon emissions avoided compared to US. national annual average CO2 output, considering 0 emissions for PV
Cars off the road per year: The amount of carbon emissions avoided for this project is equivalent to the amount emitted by this number of cars driven in one year.
Trees planted equivalent per year: The amount of carbon emissions avoided for this project is equivalent to the amount absorbed by this number of trees in one year
More on Green Initiative
As part of our Green Initiative, A $10,000 donation went to the Buzzards Bay Coalition. The $1,500 donation for Torpedo was pooled with the $8,500 donation for Westport. The organization was recommended by local advisors for its great track record in conservation, research, education, and advocacy. This donation supported the Snell Creek Conservation Project located in Westport MA. The project seeks to permanently protect 31 acres of land that contain critical wildlife habitat. Through its education component, the project also benefits nearby communities in Acushnet where the Torpedo project is located.
Let’s discuss solar!
Fill out our contact form